It's starting already!

Dave Parks

I went out this morning to get on the ATV and I hear some coo-ing going on behind my truck............and dang if it isn't a big old gobbler looking proudly at himself in the chrome bumber. He's a nice long-beard with 1" spurs, so I dash back into the house and get my camera.

He's about a month early, but I guess the cold & snow had his mind on warming up? Here he is...........a really nice Tom.

Dave

ZTom-2-3-08-0.jpg
If yiu look closed at teh base of his beard(s), he has twin beards!
ZTom-2-3-08-1-0.jpg

[inline ZTom-2-3-08-1.jpg]

Dave, I always enjoy your pictures of your place...your little quote under your name says it the best "a little slice of heaven"

THanks for sharing

Zach

Oh sure, just barely over the duck season and still detoxing from that. Then you go and post that pic. Cheese and crackers, there might be some fellas with bad tickers on here. Lets heal up and get some rest before we start getting out smarted by them to.
jmb

Dave put the feed out for him you want his genes in your flock keep him around then you will have double your fun in the future..ya i know tastes sum good ..some day ill make a dream come true and go turkey hunting but until then keep them pics and stories coming

Between Boo Boo and this guy, you and Judy are becoming quite the Dr. and Mrs. Doolittle...

Dave,he probably thought he would get better looking since last year.If you had a couple of thoes fun mirrors,they use to have at amusment parks,an entire flock would come every day to gawk and you could have a pass shooting thing going,as they glide off the hill.Much better than shooting them on the ground.

Joe, I have a large thick old mirrow up at the shop and I may kust bring it down and lean it up against one of the trees in teh front yard just to see what happens.

As far as this being teh same bird as last year, it could very well be. This bird looks to me to be a 3 year old and the one last Spring was a 2 year old.

All I know is he don't give up easily. He returned again this morning and was working over the back bumper on my truck pretty good when I left for town this morning. Judy called me at 1PM on her way back out to her school bus for her afternoon run and said he was working over the back bumper on my van. He was still at it when I got home at 3pm and I just went out to look and he has a deep path worn in the dirt behind the van now and it's currently 5:04 pm. He will most likely do as he did last night, roost up in one of the tall pines in the front yard and be back down with the trucks in the morning. I can't figure out when it is that he eats?

Maybe I should set a snare on the back bumper, catch him and then have a good set down talk with him about his bad habits? Crazy damn bird!

Dave

Back