Lake Champlain

So now that I know there are some fella's with common ground here. What parts of the lake do you hunt. I don't need specifics. North or south is good with me. I hunt the southern end.

I hunt the middle part of the lake, VT side. Mostly for puddle ducks and some geese. I'm going to try for some divers this year, though I have no experience with it.

If you are looking for some diver dekes I have some that I am getting rid of. They are hand made burlap bluebills and one buffle head. I have 20 total.

I hunt the middle part of the lake, VT side. Mostly for puddle ducks and some geese. I'm going to try for some divers this year, though I have no experience with it.

I hunt from Alburgh to Charlotte, but i have hunted both sides of the lake down by Ticonderoga in past years and am planning to focus on the that area again this year depending on the water level. I would rather hunt Whistlers than any other birds, but I hunt puddlers too. I have found with the high water and mild temps the last couple years the spots I usually hunted did not hold puddlers like other years.

My family has a camp in Ticonderoga and that is the area where I do alot of my hunting. Unfortunatly someone ripped down our blind this year. That was a nice surprise. My family and I have hunted this marsh for years and that is how things got handled this year.

I have family on North Hero and have toyed with the idea of coming up in the fall before our Maryland season gets started. Mostly looking to get the dog some work.

If anyone would like to swap a hunt for some Maryland geese and maybe sea ducks, let me know.

Ed

So now that I know there are some fella's with common ground here. What parts of the lake do you hunt. I don't need specifics. North or south is good with me. I hunt the southern end.
I hunt the wet part:)))Sorry couldn't resist. Shot a nice deer last year and the first thing this guy asked " where'd cha shoot it? In the woods, "Noo where? Ok ,high shoulder.

I was striper fishing once and I came in the dock with a fish and a guy asked me where I caught it. I said " in the river" He did not like that reaction, but it was funny to say the least.

Don't worry, I won't be taking any of your spots. I am good with what I have got.

It's a big lake ,I only get down there a couple of times late in the season, pm me sometime and we'll talk. I have seen guys will plant a post to mark thier spot for opening day. i would think the southern end of the lake would be pretty good.

Back