LI guys - Great South Bay Ice Scooters

Dave Diefenderfer

Sponsor
I would like to make a run up when the scooters hit the ice. The South Bay Scooter Club site does not appear to be maintianed since 2006. Is there another source of info? I have family I can impose on out on the island so I can come up and check them out if the ice gets good.

Please keep me posted if you hear anything.

Dave,

PM Chris Geminski. He is usually up to date on the ice boat scene. Problem is we have not had much ice until this week. Thing just started to freeze up.

John is correct... the local spots to iceboat just started freezing this week here on Long Island. It usually takes about two weeks of sustained freezing temps to make enough ice to sail on. We are halfway there, but it's supposed to warm up this weekend, then get cold again next week. The warm days wont help, but at least it will probably be below freezing at night. If we get on the ice, I will let you know though our club doesnt have any scooters in it. Many times they do show up if they dont have ice however.

I suggest contacting the Great South Bay Scooter Club through their website at http://ice-scooter.org/. Good luck!

Thank you, John, Chris, and Rich. I sent a note to the commodore email address, fingers crossed. The site looks abandon? Will see what happens....

Back