Lobsters and Scoters

Not sure it could get much better than that!
Unless you found a fresh case of Yuengling floating by while out there........

Jeez, don't let Sutton see these photos. He'll be contacting you to invite himself on your next sea duck/lobster excursion. And, you might not make it back to the dock with any live lobsters! He'll have his shells loaded with hot butter.

Nate

I am soooo jealous of those that have schedules which are so flexible they can get out during the week and "before work". Very nice.

Yeah Bill, you are id-ing the launch correctly......needs some photo-shopping, but it would be funny to see someone think they could scoter hunt there.....

I launch at 4 mile river in Old Lyme but wash the trailer and motor in the fresh water at Salmon River. Got to get that salt water off!!
Jim/Fowlfishing

Heck with that kind of take I could probably even get my wife to go hunting. Of course she would only be there for the lobster. Looks like ya had a fine day there Jim!

Steve

That is one heck of a day you had. Congrats. If you have time, explain what a "keeper" is. Thank you.
Al

AL,
A minimum carapace length of 3-3/8 inches is required for all lobsters taken from Lobster Management Area 6 (Long Island Sound and western Block Island Sound). The state provides a gauge that measures from the eye socket to the back of the carapace. A fisherman cannot take an egg bearing female or a female with a V-notch in its tail as it is part of the stocking program.
Jim/Fowlfishing

Last edited:
Jim nice hunt/ fish trip !! How amny pots do you have out there in LI sound ? We used have 5 pots we set i Narragansett bay but the comercial guy smade it hard for us rec guys to take a few for home so we sold all the gear . good luck this season !!

Dear brother Jim,

I know that your dad was smiling down on you yesterday. Way to go, dear friend.

God Bless you and your lovely family!

Mark

Dave,
We are able to fish 10 traps annually. The lobster guys are pretty good on leaving recreational traps alone. Once in a while a scum bag will check your traps for you. If it is a commercial guy pulling your traps all you have to do is tape a bag of dog crap to the main line and when it gets pulled through the block it explodes all over the boat. They will probably cut your line after a stunt like that one but man it sure is worth it!!! That or I have been known to put a fake head (like one you would get a costume store for halloween) in the trap. Most guys darn near soil themselves when they haul that pot.......especially in the dark!!!!!
Jim/Fowlfishing

Jim nice hunt/ fish trip !! How amny pots do you have out there in LI sound ? We used have 5 pots we set i Narragansett bay but the comercial guy smade it hard for us rec guys to take a few for home so we sold all the gear . good luck this season !!

How did the commercial guys make it hard?

Brian ,

Just what Jim said we had numerous pots lost to cut lines we were in a heavily comercial fished spot , got to be a pain in the butt to police . I relaize they need to make a living but we were only catch about 4 a week not a big numbers operation by any means .

Back