Looking for some more help - totally ndr

OK my last try. Take a pool noodle, slit it lengthwise leaving a bit for a hinge, fiberglass the outside of the noodle and use a table saw to make two lengthwise slits, one to reopen the slit and the second to cut the glass so the hinge will work. Cut in 12" sections. Use a strap to secure.

I am not familiar with the spring bobbers, but why not make the tube long enough to protect it, and the cut a slot in the tub to clear the line at the reel to not put pressure on the bobber?

I think I know what you are explaining and believe this is what I did all of last year and while it worked, it could be improved upon. The problem I had was that the tube was big in diameter (had to be to clear the eyes on the rod) and no matter how hard I tried to keep the line from tightening up when placing the rod into the tube, it eventually did. This caused the sring bobber to double over and bend once in awhile to the point where it could not be "unbent".

These spring bobbers are VERY lightweight and designed to pick up the slightest bite through the ice. They bend very easily and double over very easily.

I'm not saying the same thing wouldn't happen with wahtever else I come up with but I know what happend using a full length tube and while it worked, it could be improved upon no doubt.

Mark W

Back