Meadow Muffin? Anyone have one?

David Stern

Hi:
I remember reading about a Roy Schellinger Meadow Muffin a long time ago. Does anyone have one? How much do they weigh? Cost?

Dave, I'm not sure of the exact wieght but when I have been at Roys house I have seen him stand the meadow muffin on end and lift it up with one arm. It is 9 foot long and the same width as his BBSB. Very stable. Most guys are using small 2-3 hp motors or 55 lb trolling motors to power them. really neat boat for small areas. I'm 300 lbs and I have plenty of room when I sat in his.

Hey Dave, I have one... depends on how you have it built regarding the weight. I insisted on a extra layer in the top (bowside) in case I had to step hard on it. Probably goes 80#. Roys "personal" muffin is extremely light!
Next time you are down here at your "new" stomping grounds you are welcome to come by and take it for a spin on the lake.
Been wanting to talk to you anyhow to see how your season went at the old railbird club...

Curiosity asks if you can post some " meadow muffin " pictures?

I 2nd that. The meadow muffins I know are not the kind you want to float around in.

Tim

Curiosity asks if you can post some " meadow muffin " pictures?

Thanks guys, I did not want to be the first to ask but trying to picture what the heck a Meadow Muffin is?

hehehehe... mine is put up for the season, but I'll try getting some pics tomorrow.
It's hanging from the rafters out in the shop...

That's a 9'-0" kayak paddle, stretched out even with the transom board.
RayD and Glenn are close with the builder, maybe they can give you exact dimensions.
I will say it is great to hunt from... super stable, lightweight and the high sides give you lots of cover for concealment and wind protection. I carry it ontop of my old jeep yj - great one man hauler with plenty of room for dekes and a dog besides.

mike b?????? what is that your alter ego?????? i thought that garage in those pics looked familar.....more like mike f.

Back