Memphis recommendations...

Steve McCullough

This Saturday my wife and I are taking our pup to a trainer in MS just south of Memphis. We plan on staying overnight and would like to hit a restaurant. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

I know this will start a BBQ fight, but I can't go through there without going to Leonard's BBQ. Nothing fancy, but damn good q.

There's always the Rendezvous downtown. It is the iconic Memphis rib joint. Of course, there also is Corky's on Poplar. My relatives claim Interstate is also good, but I've not been there.

Getting BBQ in Memphis is always a treat, and the mentioned places are great. For Italian, Colleta's (SP) is good. Unfortuantley, we did not spend much time around Olive Branch or Southhaven.

-Bill

A Western PA guy with a southern accent going to Memphis for BBQ? What about a Primanties?

Last edited:
Cozy Corner, BBQ Cornish Game Hens are the bomb....go in daylight hours though. As noted above Interstate, Rendevous and Corky's are all good. Give us a part of town you'll be in and what type of food ya'll like and we'll throw out a few more suggestions.

While your in the area, you may want to visit the National Birdog Museum in Grand Junction, about 45 minutes east of memphis.

Doc.
Do yourself a favor and wherever you have dinner, start out at the flying saucer. One in Memphis and one in Cordova. Try the Bratzel and whatever beer fits your fancy. You won't be dissapointed. Never got to ask. How did the girl do this season (I mean the dog. You being alive tells me all about Deb and your antics).

Try a mom and pop on Winchester called Reese's. Corkys is awful and the only other good bbq is leonards on Fox Plaza. The rendevous is not what it used to be. You can also try the commisary in Germantown.

Back