more paint questions

Does anyone have any experience with Liquitex acrylic heavy body paint?

I have been painting with golden, but found Liquitex at a great deal and wondering if it will last on the decoys?

Thanks for all the input and help, I really appreciate all of it! will post pictures soon. Jesse

i mix many knids of paints of my decoys , liquitex is one.
I try to find the true finish ( the best is oil ), of a feathers ..

liquites is a little to much sheing , but work great . noe it 75% on my work

Stef

Does anyone have any experience with Liquitex acrylic heavy body paint?

I have been painting with golden, but found Liquitex at a great deal and wondering if it will last on the decoys?

Thanks for all the input and help, I really appreciate all of it! will post pictures soon. Jesse

Jesse,
Come see me and we can get you set up with paints & painting. Many options
Also...I abandoned Liquitex many years ago. It's shiney and rubbery. It also doesn't have the bond strength of the Golden.
IMHO, Liquitex is not a good deal at any price.
Give me a shout or stop over.
You'll also find options at Westlake.
Lou

thanks lou dont need paint that well not hold up. do you sell painting tape dvd ?? need to come see you ,work to much

Jesse,
Yes, we have a 2-disk, 4 hr. DVD on painting six drakes: Buffy, GE, BB, RH, Can & Mallard. Info is right on the video page of the website: www.lockstockbarrell.com
Come on down! ;)
Lou

Hey Jesse I will be putting on my usual seminar at Westlake and will be dealing with painting. Stop by and I'll be happy to answer any questions also. You can find me in the Directors Room. Here is my seminar schedul for the weekend.

Westlake Demo Schedule
Saturday

9:00 to 10:30 Head Carving and eye setting Demo

11:00 to 12:00 Painting Demo...... Sealing , Texturing and Vermiculation Combing

12:30 to 2:00 Painting Demo.......Painting techniques with Traditions

2:30 to 4:00 Airbrush 101

Sunday

9:00 to 10:30 Painting Demo.......Painting techniques with Traditions

11:00 to 12:00 Airbrush 101

Last edited:
Back