More Saginaw Bay fun

Scott O.

Went out again this morning around 7:30...clear skies and 41 degrees...warmed up to a 58 and bluebird sunny day.

Went back to the Saganing Bar then came in closer to try the shallows off Pinconning. Back out to the Black Hole then back in close off Nyanquing. Kept 26 pretty nice perch and a 15" silver bass...sent a big ass channel cat back where it came from (they are known to suck up a lot of nasty PCBs and other toxins off the bay floor) then went site seeing for ducks and geese.

A lot of divers present, cool string of Old Squaws (my favorite decoy to paint) and lots of geese.

I may give up this retirement thing...

NOT!

some photos:

Nyanquing Pt in the morning
[inline aaa1.jpg]

Our ride (17.5 Key West
[inline aaa2.jpg]

My hunting and fishing partner Bob (not Sutton)
[inline aaa3.jpg]

View attachment aaa1.JPG
View attachment aaa2.JPG
View attachment aaa3.JPG

Last edited:
Scott, looks like a pretty morning.

I got out yesterday for early teal....I think I would've loved 58 degrees instead of 85.....

c'mon fall hurry up and cool us down

Scott, looks like a pretty morning.

I got out yesterday for early teal....I think I would've loved 58 degrees instead of 85.....

c'mon fall hurry up and cool us down
It was a nice day and they are going to be few and far between soon...its going to get pretty brisk out there on the water pretty soon so we are making the most of these days...I don't even want to think about the cold...I must be getting old.

I grew up here...lived in Michigan my whole life...ice, snow, no sun for a month in the winter...I'm totally used to it but sometimes I think I'd give it up to live in your jungle full of gators and snakes and one pound bugs that can suck out all your blood while you're sleeping

Last edited:
Nice for going out guessing not so great for the hunting.

Yes that's absolutely correct...there are NO ducks in Saginaw Bay so everyone should stay home. No sense wasting your time. I'll provide a hunting report at a later date...honest

;-)

Last edited:
Back