Motor Advice

Pat Richter

I got a chance to buy a 1999 15HP evinrude 4 stroke. 500 bucks I heard they were made by suzuke are they any good . have any of you guys got any info on this motor really need your advice

Suzuki was one of the pioneers of 4 stroke technology.
I've had many Suzuki's and have been very pleased with all of them from 9.9 hp ,40hp and 200 hp

Pat, I am pretty sure that that one was built by OMC. Some of the larger motors with a Johnson name on them were Suzuki but the 9.9/15s were built here. Suzukis are ussually great motors. Just a note: we have two of those 9.9s in the shop with rods poking out the side of the block. Now that can be caused by lots of things and not a dis on those motors just "sayin". They sure do run nice though, kinda heavy. Good luck.

Yes ,I would jump on it. I have 98, 9.9 ,starts easy runs great. They are heavy but plenty power to push my 14 starcraft.

It is heavy about 114 pounds. I,m going to stick it on my AA Broadbill . First i,ll see how it runs , never got to mess with a 4 stroke before . I,ll keep you posted .

Pat, I also have an AA Broadbill and will be VERY curious to see how it works out for you. I am running a 25 Evinrude on mine now.

Pretty straight forward. make sure the oil is full/clean and spin a new filter on it. Otherwise I treat the fuel as i would on for any marine appilication. How long as it been sitting?

Well i went to run it with the owner . and after pulling the rope for an hour or so gave up. no spark , prop shot , prop shaft bent . I said goodbye . Guys thanks for all your help , you make this site the BEST

Well i went to run it with the owner . and after pulling the rope for an hour or so gave up. no spark , prop shot , prop shaft bent . I said goodbye . Guys thanks for all your help , you make this site the BEST
Turn and run away!

Back