Muck Chairs/swamp seats

Eric Dellamater

A toilet bowl flange, couple of bolts to fit the holes, a 3" piece of 3' pvc pipe cut at an angle on one end and a hole in the side at the top to keep suction from taking over, and a piece of 3/4" ply cut to a round shape for the seat. Cushion and fabric optional. About $15 and works great. If you want some pics I'll try and snap some tomorrow.

Brad

I would like to see some pics. Sounds like a great idea. I wonder if you could make one with 4 legs to support a dog?

A toilet bowl flange, couple of bolts to fit the holes, a 3" piece of 3' pvc pipe cut at an angle on one end and a hole in the side at the top to keep suction from taking over, and a piece of 3/4" ply cut to a round shape for the seat. Cushion and fabric optional. About $15 and works great. If you want some pics I'll try and snap some tomorrow.

Brad

Brad, I did that one last year, works ok, but no where as nice as the one Baumy has. In addition, the PVC cracked on the flange in the cold weather in late season, so it was not so hot. One last issue, was pushing the PVC into the hard packed sand on the bay. Worked well in the muck, but when I needed to sink it down a bit further, I could not get it down far enough with the width of the PVC, Baumy had no issue sinking his and having it stay...Thanks for the idea though.

Any other options you guys are using? seen?

thanks.

Back