My New 21

After months of anticipation my new 21 was delivered in early june. I have had it out a lot now fishing and just running around. The ride is very smooth for what is basically a flat bottom boat. It planes instatly and does about 47.5mph with the current prop, and I know I can squeeze more speed out of it if I want to. I am coming from a 17, this is a huge step up for me. The whole process of planning and ordering was a lot of fun. I can't wait for the season to start.

Here she is:

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0837_G2.jpg

IMG_0845-G6.jpg

IMG_G4.jpg

IMG_0861edut.jpg

Wow, that ain't no marsh skiff you got there. Looks like David and Goliath are getting along pretty well now.

Tim

It will spend plenty of time in the marsh. It goes very shallow. I think it will go as shallow as the 17 TDB, and will be easy to control with the jack plate.

Wow, that ain't no marsh skiff you got there. Looks like David and Goliath are getting along pretty well now.

Tim

I have hunted my 19' Crusader in 4 inches of water. I didn't motor in 4 inches, but the point is that they are so broad beamed that the float shallow.

Possibly......I was at Red Eyes 2 weekends ago, but was in a Regulater. I was fishing around the bay bridge in this boat the weekend of the 4th, but never went around Kent Island. If it was in the Narrows, I would bet it was Dave Sikorski

Might have been him. I have seen his boat in passing but was not sure if it was him. This boat was on the other side of the bridge at the dock bar by Fishermans. I think it was on the 12th

Dave...looks good...
47mph is FAST in a boat...
remember..no brakes...

This 21 I have will top out at 38-40mph..The last one did 38 with 4-5 guys in it...

I talked with Pitboss yesterday...His 21' is 6 years old...time flys!!!!!

I have a Suzuki DF140 on it. I was between this engine and the Etec 150. I think I made the right choice. The Suzuki is really quiet and has more power than i expected. It's also significantly less expensive than the etec and came with a 6 year warrenty. Its wieght makes it a good option for this boat. It wieghs about the same as a yamaha 115, and less than the Suzuki 115. With 2 guys in it I loose less than 1 mph. The etec is a more powerful engine, but it is also a lot noisier. I would rather have a 4 stroke for fishing.

David, great looking rig. Look forward to seeing you in the Narrows this year, but please don't run through the decoys with that monster...LoL. Enjoy it, it looks great

Welcome to the family Dave.

I wasn't at the bar w/ my boat in the narrows that weekend.

I was just messing with my boat in the driveway and am absolutely amazed at the lack of wear on it after 4 long seasons of abuse.

Mike and Ron definitely came up with one heck of a platform for guys that like to hunt all sorts of waterfowl and go fishing too. I'll be down fishing along side Mercer tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting some blood on the boat with you this fall.

-D

Sweet rig,
Would be super in the Pamlico Sound.
Hope you catch a bunch of fish before the real season gets here.

best,
Harry

Back