Name that decoy....Please!

Chuck J

CtDUfest049.jpg

Well, we've had a few suggestions...

The "park duck"

"Popcorn"

It's farm duck, poultry rouen, or easter present mistake down here.

Additonal suggestions welcome, or get behind one of these.

Thanks
Chuck

And I'll throw in 'Wonder Bread'...or we could morph it into 'Wonder-duck'...

Last edited:
Mottled/Black duck rapist...or...just

"The Rapist"

"The Raper"

Hitch

Last edited:
I like Hitch's line of thinking....they are diluting the blacks and the mottled's and the mexican's according to Al...Dave....or how about Gene since they are taking over the gene pool....

Why not Mr Greenhead it a mallard is,nt it.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

Did I miss the joke here? Why all the names with negative conotations? Doesn't a great decoy of this quality deserve better? I see this as an insult to the carver, but I am not he. He could be fine with it.

I offered up the name Yankee to signify his origin. I like Yankees. My mother is a Yankee from Boston.

Choose what ever name you wish. I just hope it is one that I can tell my son.

Mr. Grant apparently you did miss the joke...the decoy was voted as the traveling decoy of the year....everybody agreed it was a special decoy.....a decoy most of us would be proud to own or even just have the chance to shoot over.....the comments were not intended to belittle the decoy or carver....we are talking about the mallard ducks habits of breeding with anything and putting a genetic strain on the lines of the pure blacks, mottled, and mexican ducks...sorry if any delicate sensibilities have been hurt....Dave

OK, how about this to tone it down a little.

"The Rapier"

A play on words I guess. A Rapier is often a "2 edged sword" used for "thrusting".

Hitch

Gosh a Mallard with a 2"" Rapier I bet he can pick some hens up HeHeHe.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

whoa there Mr. Grant you originally said we directly insulted the carver with the name suggestions....and implied that was our intention to do so...Dave

whoa there Mr. Grant you originally said we directly insulted the carver with the name suggestions....and implied that was our intention to do so...Dave

I wasn't trying to impy that it was intentional. My thought was that they did not realize what they were doing and how it could be veiwed. This will be my last post on the matter. This thread is getting way off track.

Wow...this kinda derailed. I don't mind a little humor, but the name certainly has to be fit for children's ears, even if there is a hidden meaning. That said, I kinda like 'Gene' (unless the Genes of the page are offended) and the more I think about it, the more I like 'Adonis'.

Good discussion guys, I don't think anyone meant offense by their ideas...lets let the water pass under the bridge and move on.

Chuck

Back