ndr got my very first muskie

rob paetzold

final after two years got my first muskie 41 9/16"
100_2105.jpg

Nice fish!!
Only one I ever caught was a 13" tiger muskie caught ice fishing years ago back up in PA.
Did you release it or eat it?

Way to go.
I have yet to land a walleye and those fish haunt my dreams.
I am sure the musky that lurks in the weeds will keep you busy at night thinking about the next one.

I was fishing Lynne Lake in South Dakota next to Webster (home of Brock Lesner) I stayed at the Lynne Lake Lodge. Lots of walleyes as- well guys staying in the unit next to us came home with a bucket of 6, 25"+ walleyes said they let a couple of 28's go. Personally I think anything over 20" is to big to eat. I let the muskie go as fast as I could had it out of the water for a quick picture and away it went. 48" is muskie keeper size, 16" and better for walleyes on this particular lake. We caught a bunch of 12 to 15 1/2 walleyes. [
DSC01524.jpg
][inline]
This is a leech lake walleye 26 1/2 from June I heard its still hot on Leech.

Last edited:
Better watch out Rob that Muskey fishing can be addicting. I know, my father and uncle plus several neighbors were hooked. Luckly I escaped. It can take over you life.....Make your wife a widow,kids strangers. Remember there is always a bigger one out there. It's a matter of timing,right place, right time, and then a swirl, a flash. Do you see that ! The eyes widen, the pulse quickens, the adrenelene rush. Your addicted I say your addicted. You will never be the same. Luckly I escaped.

If you live in Minnesota I can get you hooked up with somebody that catches an obscene amount of Muskies. He makes his own lures and is totally addicted to Muskie fishing. His name is Rick Stawski and is the Owner of Fine Line Retrievers in Milaca, MN. If you do a search you should be able to get his number, I know he guides from time to time on some of the lakes up there.

Yes Carl, You can't escape all addictions. hee hee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob, I forgot to say "that's a nice muskie"

Back