Need a new Chessie

Capt. Jack Passie

Any recomendations for a Chessie Pup. My Son left for the winter and took Sadie with him, Cindy who was 14 died a couple of weeks ago., now Gus needs some company. I could use the challange of training a new one, just to fill in the cracks

jack, i have several females and 2males they are 5 weeks old. I am in SE pa near allentown rich young nativeland Chesapeakes

I say Road trip LOL
Seems like yesterday I helped out a friend with a drive to candlewood kennels in Wisconsin to pick up a Mary Holley dog. We started 5:00 am and arrived 9:00 pm
It seemed like we were there in no time.

Jack

Sorry to hear about your loss. Cried my ass off when I lost my first lab Stoli. Dogs need company too. Good luck on your search. Unfortunatly I do not know any chessy owners. Were lab guys in jersey. Would not know a CHESSY IF WE TRIPPED OVER THEM. How about Kieth he my have a local source.

Talk to you soon.

Phil

Shame on you Phil. A Chessie is a true American Dog, We have Manly colors like Dead Grass, Sedge and Brown. If you come to Monauk and come gunning with us, you'll see one work in the ocean, actuall the same place we were bass fishing

Brother Jack,

Bustin ba///s in a round about way, I got to tell you I know no one with a chessy,,,, or I'd help you out.....all labs here out west. Cause your out east on the END, But I hear and have read Chessy are all balls, If you could teach them how to gaff or net you'd be in heaven. Truely sorry for your loss. I will get up there one day and shoot with you, it's on the bucket list. I truely enjoyed my weekend this summer. Just wish I brought my reading glasses to the Shagwon Inn. Great photos on the wall.

see you soon
Phil

BTW that doberman at the end of the dock would not have standed a chance against your chessy,,,,,,, the doberman was all bark.

Jack,

Stellas not having a litter next year?

With Big Gus and Tucker turning into great duck
dogs. I would see when they breed next .

Cjf

I'd like to breed Gus in the future , it would be tough with a half sister. Gus has been making so good retieves in the ocean we'll see how he does in the field with the geese pretty soon.

Jack you cant go wrong with rich youngs dogs. Mine has all the energy you will ever want in a dog and he hits the water like a freight train and has a great temperament not a mean bone in his body. I am not saying nobody else dosent have great dogs because i have hunted with alot of other great chessies in my time here.

Hey Jack if your still looking try Nick Steen in MD. has pups right now, he might have one left they are nice hunting pups. You can reach him at 410-808-0858

Good luck

Jack,

Jeff Wilson is breeding his Master National Chessie to a Qualified all age stud. The breeding is taking place in Maine this week. You can contact Jeff at(610) 476-3603

Good Luck, Tom

I've made my selection. Drove from Montauk to East Greenville PA today to meet with Rich Young, his wife and Daughter and a beutiful bunch of Chesapeake Pups. I was looking for a female so I had 7 to choose from. I'm not looking for the perfect pup so I picked out the craziest one. I figured it would fit in well out here in "Montauk the end" like all the rest of us crazies. By next year she'll be chasing Eiders in the Ocean. Thanks to everyone for their help and sugestions. I don't think Rich has many left , so if you're looking for an American Dog give him a call or PM him rite here.

Back