Need help with a layout boat...

Steve McCullough

My hunting partner found a gem tonight. Someone in our area has a very well made Busick layout boat for sale. This boat is cherry at a steal of a price.

I remember reading somewhere that Paul has a set of plans where some modifications can be made in the foot of the box to accommodate a larger boot size. I did a search on the forum and can't find anything. Does anyone have any info?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Best,
Steve

i do remember hearing such a thing a while back i to have a busick its a wonderful boat ufo layout company boat the plans out they make it now if you ever need replacement accessories.

In profile from the side, the foot box actually tapers up. I worked on one with a guy several years ago, and we modified the foot box by eliminating the taper. It changed the displacement and made the foot end of the boat float slightly higher. The result was a lot of slap in chop and it drove me nuts. If I were to build another one, I would likely deepen the box but narrow it up to keep the displacement the same.

Steve,
What you could do is wait until Westlake and talk to Paul Busick himself about it.

Just had a fella in our painting class who you've gunned with...Jeff Malone. Nice guy and we had fun at the class.
He was showing me pics of your boat too...very cool.
Later partner,
Lou

Back