Need help with seats for a 14' TDB

Brian R

Purchased a 14' TDB in the offseason and I need to pick up 2 seats for it. The one I had hunted in before had these mini chairs with foldable backs. I looked through the Cabelas website and did some google searches, but can not come up with any that looks like it will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Brian

Best Idea i have seen is a milk crate with a store bought marine seat mounted on it.

I just use 5 gallon pails and dove chairs.

Brian,

Here's what I use in my 14; I think you'd like it :

http://www.cabelas.com/stools-chairs-seat-cushions-primos-double-bull-qs3-magnum-tri-stool-1.shtml

You can probably find it a little cheaper (think I got mine at Bass Pro at around $30 ea.); but in a 14, two of these seats will easily fit side by side for two hunters, and they are VERY sturdy. You can collapse them and throw them under the shelf when not in use (they even have a clip that holds the legs folded tight) . The BIG + is that the tri-leg setup makes it super easy to stand and shoot when the time comes. A 4-legged chair in a TDB 14 makes it harder to shift the leg over & back when you stand because of the extra room it takes. This type of stool makes standing to shoot very easy.

I have a cover-up/rain roof I designed for my TDB, so I flip it back when I stand to shoot, but even using no roof I'd assume you stand to shoot.

View attachment 122403a.jpg

View attachment Drakeshoot104i.jpg

Do you feel like these stools are tall enough?
Absolutely. But, hey, measure for yourself and see what height you feel you need compared to the height of the seats you look at. I have no problem seeing where the birds are coming from (...in Ohio, they fly ;-)), and if I want to take a peek at the water, I sit up a bit straighter & do so.

mini chairs with foldable backs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Brian

I know the exact chair you are talking about....I still have one and I used it in my TDB.

Folding back on a storage box.
I think Cabelas called them a "buck chair"
I searched and couldn't find it either.

I did find this...it is somewhat similiar.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Splash-Bucket-Buddy-Comfort-Chair/707569.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D40%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dbuck%2Bchair%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3Dbuck%2Bchair%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts&Ntt=buck+chair&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Action Products Bird & Buck Sports Hunting Seat. Perfect height. I use them in my Roy boat.

Mack's Prairie Wings has them

Here may be what your looking for??? I have them and love them...especially the storage in them.
Cabelas used to sell them, but I know Macks Prairie Wings has them.

Action Products Bird and Buck Sports Hunting Seat
p78535C.jpg

Here may be what your looking for??? I have them and love them...especially the storage in them.
Cabelas used to sell them, but I know Macks Prairie Wings has them.

Action Products Bird and Buck Sports Hunting Seat
p78535C.jpg

That's it! Thank you.

My son uses the seat from an otter stealth 1200. better than the standard box/ with seat. The swivel seat is better, and its more stable. great storage too. i shoot off the bucket with the swivel top. both work well.

http://www.wingsupply.com/hunting-accessories/duck-boats-gear/otter-outdoors-1200-camo-seat-box-marsh-brn/

You can always sit on a throwable seat cushion too, thats what i do to get a little better view.

I use two of the Action Products seats in by boat. They work well as seats. However they both will have water in the storage areas with any rain, even though the seat has stayed fastened down.

we use two lawn chairs in my black jack. The nice camo ones with the four bases and cup holders. We actually use them in all the boats, A-frame, and blinds. Easy to carry, folds up where you can store them under something, and you cant forget the cup holders.

I have used these for several years in my Scott 16' duckboat and they are ideal because they provide a swivel seat as well as dry storage or even an insulated cooler

The pic of the chairs that Joe posted are the ones that i used in my TDB. I didn't use them as coolers but opted for additional storage. Mainly for tools, fire extinguisher, rope etc.

Brian,

Here's what I use in my 14; I think you'd like it :

http://www.cabelas.com/stools-chairs-seat-cushions-primos-double-bull-qs3-magnum-tri-stool-1.shtml

You can probably find it a little cheaper (think I got mine at Bass Pro at around $30 ea.); but in a 14, two of these seats will easily fit side by side for two hunters, and they are VERY sturdy. You can collapse them and throw them under the shelf when not in use (they even have a clip that holds the legs folded tight) . The BIG + is that the tri-leg setup makes it super easy to stand and shoot when the time comes. A 4-legged chair in a TDB 14 makes it harder to shift the leg over & back when you stand because of the extra room it takes. This type of stool makes standing to shoot very easy.

I have a cover-up/rain roof I designed for my TDB, so I flip it back when I stand to shoot, but even using no roof I'd assume you stand to shoot.

Nice shot on East Fork!

I've found that a milk crate with a cushion on top is my favorite. Very wide base = stable, plus makes good storage. 5 gal bucket works good too. While running the boat I often switch from sitting to standing and the foldable chairs I have aren't stable enough and sometimes fall over. Also, I find them a bit wobbly when it gets rough ... but they are very comfortable when the boat isn't moving.

Back