need some help

I am 20 years old and I live in southern indiana and struggling to even have anything to resemble a duck hunt yet this year. My granddad loves going and i want to get him into some ducks just wondering if anyone could help me out point me in the right direction

Cody

I'm 3-400 miles straight north of you and sorry to say, we have yet to see the ducks show up in good numbers. Wish I had some better outlook for the rest of the season.

Best
Chuck

i thought they said this year was supposed to be the best duck population since 55 or something like that whats going on?

i thought they said this year was supposed to be the best duck population since 55 or something like that whats going on?

Hunter harvest and satisfaction do not always relate to duck population. Weather, for example, plays a role.

Hunter harvest and satisfaction do not always relate to duck population. Weather, for example, plays a role.

Hunter harvest and hunter satisifaction do not always relate to each other. My dad is 80, and I just enjoy getting out hunting with him. He on the other hand is not as easy to satisify, and feels the need to bing something home.

thats how my granddad is i love just going and being with him but if we dont start killin some ducks i am not sure he is going to keep going i just want it to be worth it for him to go

thats how my granddad is i love just going and being with him but if we dont start killin some ducks i am not sure he is going to keep going i just want it to be worth it for him to go

Damn geezers, they just don't understand.

Weather, for example, plays a role.

Hunted this morning, leaving from shore in a canoe at 6 am. No ice. Didn't need to scrape frost off the windows.

On a short paddle in, was overdressed wearing a light fleece jacket over a polypro shirt and fleece pants under waders with no longjohns. One pair of socks. Just a baseball cap on my head.

Never put a pair of gloves on. Never thought about doing so.

December 9 in Maine, north of the 45th parallel.

Unbelievable.

Needless to say, the morning was slow. I passed up a shot at a drake goldeneye because we thought it was a Barrows, which are protected in Maine. Partner whiffed on three shots at a dozen buffies I stirred up for him while chasing a decoy that got liberated by the tide. Flared one pair of black ducks that took a look at our decoys and decided to move on.

Felt like a "normal" late October hunt.

Bring on some ice, fast. I have 15 days left to hunt.

Sorry for the hijack--just had to bitch.

Jeff, that is ok, I am in Green Bay, looking at sunny, 17, no snow, lakes icing...Bay open..tons of birds just loafing. Most of the geese have moved on, fields have dried up for the most part, season is over....disappointing to say the least...

cody, best of luck...still go, it is about the memories. Gramps is 98 and stopped hunting at 88, shot 2 bucks that year, man do I miss hunting with him...it is just not the same since....I don't care if I saw a thing, I would still go with him just to "be there" with him.

Back