Need Your Help

kulsh

Hello, This is my first post on this board and i was hoping that you good people out here could help me out. I have been reading through all of your posts, well not all of them i got to page 98 and got a little tired. But what I am looking for is pics of your hand crafted boats. I am going to build a new hunting rig this spring and i want to see whats out their. I have been searching the web and seen a few good designs out there, but it seems like people have done there own mods to them. I will be hunting big water and the marsh areas in south eastern Michigan. So i will need a boat that can handle both shallow draft and open water. So if you could post pics of your boat and the mods that you have done to them and why? I would be very thankful

Yes I did, I was interested why everyone chose their designs they way they did. and what mods they have done. Thanks for the help.
Keith

Have you decided which boat you are going to build or have it narrowed down to a few? Info like that will help solicit input from those who have traveled the road you are about to take.

Good luck with your project.

No, I have not decided I am stuck I cant find a boat that will do both in my opinion. thats why I need help from you guys. I need a boat that will sit high on the water and still be able to take two footers on lake erie. anybody out there that has a solution for this?

Good luck with that one! Seriously, it's all a compromise. You just have to keep looking and decide which features are more important to you. I have a 16' deep-V aluminum center console, TDB-14 classic and I'm looking into a BBSB or layout. Can't be done with one boat. Many will get you close though. A 14' BBSB will serve you well for hunting but not a cruiser in my opinion. I can't stand tiller motors, you may have seen my modified TDB on the one thread with our boats posted. We all have our preferences.

Best wishes and keep us posted. Maybe you will find one that will do it all for you.

Gene

Back