net rig

well what ive heard is you lay your net on your front deck and throw the two front anchor out then slowly back up as the net slides off then throw your back two anchors

Ive hunted over one before. There made using fine mesh shrimp net, like 3/4" or 1" mesh, you pull tie all the decoys directly to the net. The net is cut into a square or similar shape to your liking and then attach decoys. Its actually very simple to set, an old family friend of ours uses two and he can set 400 decoys alone in about 10-15 minutes. You have a small danforth or mushroom anchor on each corner with the net folded up on the bow of the boat, throw the leading two anchors out and back the boat up to unroll the net, once out pull tight and set the back two anchors, then adjust the anchors on each corner as needed to stretch the decoys and net out.

Also contrary to what alot think it will not drown a dog, once they get used to it they kind walk right over it, the mess isnt large enough to tangle their paws in it.

Its a very effective decoy method and I want to make a couple rigs like it once I get enough decoys together to warrant it. They're pretty popular in the sounds down here in North Carolina and Ive heard more than one person say they like them because they resemble a knot of birds ontop of a cornpile.

I would luv to see someone video the whole start to finish using this rig then put it on youtube for all to see!

Back