New Boat New Child

kulsh

Well guys i thought this year was going to be a bust!!! I was going to buy a boat about a month ago and it didn't work out. Well Opportunity came knocking last night and I bought a 14' Smoker craft for two hundred dollars. which fits my pocket book very well, and the wife was good with it also. I only have a long shaft motor can anyone advise me how to build up the transom so i can use the motor that I have? Also I have a new hunter in the clan. His name is Carden. He was 9 pounds 13 ounces and born on 8/1/08

View attachment boat1.jpg
View attachment boat2.jpg
View attachment boat3.jpg
View attachment carden.JPG
View attachment boat1.jpg
View attachment boat2.jpg
View attachment boat3.jpg
View attachment carden.JPG

Look at the hair on that kid! My kids were bald for the first 18mo. Good looking little feller there. On the boat, just put a 2x12, on the inside to straighten out the dished down portion of the transom. How big of motor is it? If it's a 15 or more, Id stiffen it up a bit with some alum. plate.

Nice boat. Should be a bunch of fun.
Did you get that boat from a rental company that went out of business? Are those seats mahogany? If so, more than likely, I rebuilt that boat for the company (The Bridge) and made the seats. That would make this a small city. ;)
Lou

Back