new guy

keith

Hey just wanted to say hi im new to the forum. iv been duck hunting from the age of 12 and always went with my dad even before i could walk.i currently hunt with my dad out of his 15ft duck wrangler and on my own out of a small kayak. ill be off to collage next year and plan to get my guide license next year to make a little extra cash so i am goin to be in the market for a boat in the near future. in my off time i shoot trap and im starting to get into duck calling contests. i plan to one day make my own duck calls and learn to carve my own decoys.

well im soon to be 18 i live in ny i can drive 30 min in any direction and be in any of the 4 hunting zones in upstate ny i hunt mainly lakes and bays from small lakes to lake Ontario and on the finger lakes the water can go from dead calm to 4ft rollers in a matter of min.but duck hunting is what i love doing id rather chase ducks while everyone is chasing bucks lol. im involved in a local ducks unlimited chapter. i help work akc dog hunt tests.my sr project for school was building a duck blind on my friends dads boat .

First of all, welcome to this wonderful site, Keith. It is great to see you hunt with your father. Best of luck when it comes time to go to college. That will help pave the way for many of those duck hunts that you might be dreaming about now.
Al

Keith~

Welcome to the site. Your "early years" will sound very similar to lots of members on this site. And, lots of knowledge, experience and helpfulness is freely shared here.

BTW: I, too, am a 4-zone New Yorker.

All the best,

SJS

Welcome to the site Keith! I'm probably not too far from you, I'm in Elbridge. Where are you going to college?

I'm from lafayette so i live in perfect location to hunt all zones i love it that's part of why i decided on going to collage in ny i was excepted into a few outa state schoools but i don't wana miss out on not only duck hubting but being that far away from my whole family for more then 2 years would be hard.

Back