Personal best/worst and a product endorsement

Rick

I lived in the heart of tick country for 10 years and I am telling you the permethrin products would let me come home tick free. I have had with no exageration 50-75 tiny little ticks crawling on me at one time. I used duct tape to pull ticks off off me like people use tape to pull pet hair off their clothing. My neighbor shaved his legs to get them all off they were so bad. Once we started to treat with permethrin and wear gators I can go into the woods and not be afraid.

Thanks for the confirmation of what others have said about permethrin Mike. I really, really like Northern Wisconsin, but those dang ticks drove me away. Not only on the human side, but you wouldn't believe what a battle it was with out dogs. Might have to reconsider going back now, especially since I still have a pretty darn good grouse map inside my head around the Park Falls area. Would be fun to go back to the sauna in Northway Motor Lodge after a long day hunting and eat again and Randy's for old times sake.....

Rick,

I lived 50 miles south of Hayward on 40 acres that had enough ticks on it to bleed you dry. I kept my dogs treated much of the year, always got them vacinated for lymes, and I kept clothing treated with permethrin all thru the spring summer and fall. It was the only way I could enjoy the area if I was not on the water.

Back