Picture hunting this morning, The sun actually came out

Gary March

This is what I came up with. Jumped in the boat and ran the lake. First off I went to get a few pics of eagles that live just across the lake from my house.
img4922g.jpg

img4945c.jpg

Next I went back into the bay to see if there were any ducks in the back end. What a great surprise. Cinnamon teal Never have seen one here.
teal3.jpg

img5047r.jpg

img4818v.jpg

Then as I am watching a mallard I see this osprey dive and get a nice size crappie.

img4880z.jpg

Thanks for looking
Gary March

not Turkeys but still nice.....be better if they were Turkeys though....

Been trying to figure out how to make it over that way to take you up on the Turkey invite...buwahahahahahahahaha....not to mention the camera lesson....I need to switch to RAW and need some guidance....

Steve

Superb!

I love the Cinnamon photos but the Osprey with the nice Crappie (called a Speck down here) is an incredible photo, arguably an NG moment captured by your lens.

Screw the turkeys when you got this kind of material happening in front of you!!

Hitch

Pics were all shot using Canon 40D plus 300mmLIS 2.8 with 2.0 TC. All photo's were handheld. Thanks very much for the compliments. Gary M.

Gary,
Those are awesome.
Wanted to call you couple weeks ago,lost your number.

There was a Northern Loon on Sprague Lake.Yes, I was very close to it, and am sure of what it was. Also, that whole Fishtrap area has birds in it that wont be there by hunting season. Saw colored up Shovelers and Cinnamon Teak there on Thursday last week.

Mike

Cool photos. The crappie makes the shot. I've seen salmonids in the grasps of birds, but that is the first crappie. Love the open mouth. "What have I gotten myself into now"

Tight Lines ... Fred

Back