polarkraft....

I'm looking at a 2011 Outlander 186T, camo. 2011 75 E-tec Evinrude.

Used but excellent condition.

Anybody got any feedback they could share.

I agree..heavy- and a max motor is best, but the hull is excellent, and will take water you will afterwards ask yourself what you were doing out in...I have the 2012 20 ft center console...and love it. Best boat I have ever owned. (But wish i had the max motor!)
Hutch

Don't know about the boat, but I bought an etec 75 this year, was and still am very impressed with it. The motor has taken some very heavy use and some abuse, it started right up in very cold weather and hasn't missed a beat. Best of luck to you.

I have a 90 Etec and I love the motor. Aside from running well, I found out this year about the "limp home" feature. The computer in the Etec has 2 heat sensors. 1 on the block and 1 on the motherboard. When the motor does overheat, rather than seizing up or just quitting, the alarm sounds and the motor will continue to run at 1000 rpms. I had the boat out with the temps in the negative numbers this year and found that out first hand. I appreciated the fact that the motor kept on ticking...if only at 1000 rpms. It got me back to the ramp. I had a honda and yamaha before and both were fine motors, but I love the hole shot on the Etec and the relative lack of maintenance. Good luck.

Back