Quick decoy question

JimO

I have about 30 or so Wildfowler decoys. Many of them are Scoter and ther rest Black ducks.

Any ideas on how much each of them might be worth? They are in perfect condition with the original leather line tags and all.

Just curious.

Thank you in advance

Jim O

Which factory were they made at? If they are in original paint and in overall good condition, they would be worth at least $100 each in my opinion. I could give you a better idea of their value if you had some pictures.

Tim

Not sure exactly where they were made, but they were made specifically for a family friend in CT.

I will try to post some pictures of the decoys, but yes all is orignial. I have a problem posting pictures here, since I think it requires downloading some photo software, my work does not allow me to download software onto the computer.

Jim O

Not sure exactly where they were made, but they were made specifically for a family friend in CT.

I will try to post some pictures of the decoys, but yes all is orignial. I have a problem posting pictures here, since I think it requires downloading some photo software, my work does not allow me to download software onto the computer.

Jim O

Cant help with the decoys, but the photo upload only requires you shrink your images to 100kb or less.
MS Paint or the MS Office software installed with Windows will do this.
If you have windows, left click on the image and tell it to open with Paint of Office.
Then reduce the size until you get under 100 kb.
Or email them to a forum member to adjust for you. I would do it but I am out of town with limited email access.

Jim,

There is a midwest collector/dealer by the name of Vaughn Walters who buys-sells a lot of Wildfowler decoys, He sells them in the $150-350 range depending on condition, rarity and factory point of origin. He has a website "grandriverdecoys.com" with a good selection of Wildfowler decoys for sale and contact information. Black ducks are fairly common, but the scoters may be more scarce. Hope this helps.

Ken

Back