Recommendation of nice dog beds????

tod osier

Gold Sponsor
It seems like every time I buy a dog bed they either don't last or are just not as nice as I think they should be for the price. My boys deserve a nice bed (when they aren't sleeping in mine).

Anyone have a suggestion? I've almost thought about buying a twin mattress meant for people for them in the bedroom - that would cost less then 2 regular old dog beds.

T

A nice pillow top would work for them........

....and provide you a soft place to sleep on those rare nights you are told to join them in the dog house!....

:~)

A nice pillow top would work for them........

....and provide you a soft place to sleep on those rare nights you are told to join them in the dog house!....

:~)

I was thinking a pillowtop would be nice :) They like it on our bed!

I have one of the rectangular dog beds that Cabela's sells with a waterproof cover. It's spent 2 years in an outdoor kennel and it's still in great shape, the cover has faded a touch but it's still waterproof and hasn't torn or worn out at all. I believe it's this one:
http://www.cabelas.com/...BSearch-All+Products

Thanks, I'll take a look at those this week, I thnk I'm going to be at Cabelas on Thursday. Last bed I got from Cabelas was pretty good, it would have been better if I didn't cut its cover with a box cutter when I opened it up :(.

I to have a Cableas one, although I would never pay $100 for it. I won it in a retriever photo contest. It has held up well but its not an everyday use item by Austin. The couch is the still the preffered area of rest

How are the boys doing?

I use the fleece beds from LLBean with the waterproof insert. I have one that is going on 10y.o. It is still in very nice shape, although really smells like dog now. It stays inside and gets slept on all the time. I also have a couple of the LLBean dog rugs. I keep a small one in the family room, one next to my seat at the kitchen/dining room table, and one next to my recliner in the living room. She uses them all the time and knows were she is to be when she is in any given room. RIght next to dad. The furniture is outlawed and off limits. Sometimes, I am greatful that I get to use it. :)

We use the Orvis dog beds. They have always just given us a new bed if we had any issues. The current bed is 4 years old and going strong. My wife washes it about once a month.

Tod,

Check out kuranda.com. I haven't used them myself. I have heard lots of good reports on them.

Tom

I've almost thought about buying a twin mattress meant for people for them in the bedroom - that would cost less then 2 regular old dog beds.
My father did this for my Rottweiler. He was in a mattress store and commented that he should get one for Molson. Less money than a decent dog bed as you stated. Had his own pillow and all. Quite comical to see him lying on the bed with his head on a pillow. Kept him off of their bed as well

Another vote for Kuranda. We have 6 very active German shorthairs and they can be hard on dog beds (trying to scratch through them)
Kuranda does follow thru with their gaurantee, and if one of our dog happens to wear through the bed from scratching, Kuranda will send out a new cover, free of charge.

Orvis has tempur-pedic dog beds. We just ordered one a week or two ago. They are expensive $300+ but our little girl is worth it. There is over a month+ delay in acquiring it because they are so popular. Each one is hand made in AMERICA !!! Good luck. $300 is a small price to pay for our little girl's happiness. The cover comes off and it's washable.

I recommend one of the Orrthopedic beds from DR Foster/Smith. My guy had one and he loved it, jumped right up on it out of the box. The thing is about 6" thick of dense foam and rebounds to shape every time. It was a touch expensive but it worked for him....

Back