Reworked Herters Duck/Goose boat

Rampopl

Front section is used for dog behind layout blind.
I sewed the front section from 500 denier marsh grass nylon and added strip ribbons for grass.
The blind is a groundhog layout blind that I sewed extensions on each side to fill in to the gunnels also with ribbon strips for grass. All materials are attached to the boat with Velcro strips down each side. The front dog arch is made with a 1/4” fiberglass rod that is fitted in a sleeve sewn into the front section. I drilled two 5/16” holes into the top of the side rail which the rod just dropped into.
Can’t wait to hunt the marsh this fall!

Attachments

• IMG_3315.jpeg
    IMG_3315.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3318.jpeg
    IMG_3318.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3407.jpeg
    IMG_3407.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3459.jpeg
    IMG_3459.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3480.jpeg
    IMG_3480.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3482.jpeg
    IMG_3482.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
Rampop

That is the best Herter's restoration I've seen. Your blind looks to be very well thought out and constructed. Congrats on the fine duck boat project and I'd hazard to guess this isn't your first duck boat restoration.

It is my first shot at making a layout boat. I sewed the materials on my wife’s sewing machine. I wanted a safe place for my dog and this worked out great. I intend to pull this boat up into the grass along the marsh and hunt facing the rear of the boat. Thanks for the good words!!

Back