Saginaw Bay Festival

Ron Simmons

Hey, any of you Michigan guys going to the Saginaw Bay Festival next weekend? I have been to Pte Moullee a few times but never up to this one. Is it worth the trip from Marshall?

I thought about it but other plans came up. I haven't been before but a friend of mine always talks about it. I don't live in MI but grew up there just south of Saginaw.

It's a very small show w/ a bunch of booths that have NDR items. It's about a quarter of the size of Mouillee. It does get you in the mood for season though :)

Todd

Like Todd said, its a lot smaller than Pt. Moulliee but its still fun to get there, open the car door and hear all of the quackin and honkin! :)

If the weather's nice, as forecasted, its a fun trip and I plan to be there for a while on Saturday with some friends, but its a one hour drive for me.

You can always scout the bay north up M13 or head south thru Bay City then north again on M25 thru Essexville.

If you have never attended, you might find it worth the 5 hours of to and from driving from Marshall but you might also save it for Pt. Moulliee.

No offense to this show, its got a lot to see and I usually get up there year to year. Plus theres a big gun show on the way on I-75 at Birch Run if you are into that.

http://www.migunshows.com/index.html

Thanks guys,
I think I may make the trip just to see a little more of the area. I have hunted with Doug Deming at Fish Point, but am interested in seeing some more of what the bay has to offer now that I am retired and should be able to hunt a little more this year.

While up that way you could check out Nayanquing Point, up near Pinconning, or the Shiawassee Refuge off of Hwy13 south of Saginaw.

Back