Sara Wilson's last hours.

Awe mike im so sorry for ya ,and the family you are in my prayers ,,this big ol`fella is a wee bit misty eyed as i type this for ya,so with my tears all these miles away from you guys i say god bless each and every one of you ..
Ive been asked to put down my uncles blue tick hound as he couldnt do it ,at the time it was an honor to be asked but it was very hard thing for me to do ,so i understand a little of what you are going thru..
im there for you brother.

shermie...

It's tough to loose them. I put my old girl down (16 y.o.) one year ago Saturday. She had a great life too but really never quite adapted to living in the South after growing up in the PAC NW. Terrified of thunder (never heard it until we moved here), hated summers, chased all the bugs! Still miss her. Now I've got a 7 month old black female I'm trying to get ready for this coming season.

Ed.

Mike: in describing how you facilitated her passage, I am again reminded how powerful our bond with our pups can be. Your compassionate action speaks volumes about the bond we share with our pups. Best wishes.

Here's a picture of her and the boys from last fall. You can see how big that tumor on her leg was getting. She actually only fetched one of those chickens, but we thought we should get her into a picture anyways.

Mike

There comes a point in every hunting dog's carreer that they are entitled to be in the picture no matter how much they did or didn't participate. Sorry for your loss, I went through putting my dog down last summer and I know the pain your feeling right now. They leave behind such special memories of the adventures of yesterday.
~R.I.P Sara Wilson~

Dave

Sorry for your loss.
By the that was a good way of putting her down. she just went to sleep and off to doggy heaven. Ive head to many horror stories of people trying to shoot their animals and things going bad. What you did was just as good as a needle from the vet in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss, Mike.
There is something about a dog that gets close to your heart like nothing else can. Dogs love you no matter what and they never judge you. They are always your best friend. Their time with us is too short. My thoughts go out to you. God Bless.

Mike,

I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your Sara. There is entirely too much of this going around lately.

Be strong and keep a work shop rag in your back pocket, because sometimes (at least for me) i'll bust a main line and the tears will come back.

Take heart in knowing that she lived a great adventure with a great family, she is without pain now.
Best to you and your kin...

todd

Sorry to hear about the loss of your hunting buddy. 15 years is a long time to be together, thats alot of great memories to have been blessed with.

Back