Scissor Bills....GW style

Dave Sikorski

logpagemergiesandchiloe.jpg

-D

Pretty birds! Nice job on that hen. You ain't shootin' none of them lawn darts with us, but you can still bring the decoys if you want. :)

last ones came out of shop between 1979-80 the pair are quite a stark contrast--oldies-hen is black cork with a wood bottom board AND leather strap-drake was two piece wiley, with wood keel--used til i killed two, then put them away--one is mounted, the other is freeze dry now--never got around to messing with the second one!
The new ones were a special order--totally new pattern for me--old dog does have to play around--GASP--the back of hen's head was ground with tip of a christmas tree--not something i usually do, but didn't have to sand that section! hehehhe- they were a good way to reduce the westlake blues--live met broadcast was pretty good!!

WHERES THE RAISED PRIMARIES!!!!!!!

lol

Will have to comandeer one for the Shrine... it grows by the year

shrine.jpg

about 4 more from the GW flock have been added since this photo....... and another rare one

obiganser.jpg

I love my mergie GW :)

Davie Sikorski, dude great camera and that's the best you can do for a GW deke!
Come on man, you can do better! ;)

Hey someone has to give you a hard time grasshopper!

Doug

hey, due to my basic puter stupids, i sent those to dave via the scanner, so don't blame the messenger!

some day when i have time im gonna try one of those. i saw one a few years ago in wildfowl carver and i have the pattern for it somewheres. i think its the coolest style of whistler i have ever seen.

eddie

Ed, the model for that is in the ward museum-you ever get down this way, stop in the place--they have some stool there

Didn't take the pic Doug.

Gonna see if I can't talk GW into getting a digital camera......but of course......baby steps...baby steps.

-D

hey, i already explained that --have a digital--hate it--too many bells and whistles for a guy broke in by a canon fx with 3x converter and 90-230 telephoto lens! damn batteries are useless!

Back