Sept/Oct/Nov Hunting/Fishing Trip. I need ideas

David Stern

My wife's cousin has a small plane and can fly us anywhere we want. We have gone out to SD and Hudson Bay Canada on great trips. We wanted to take a trip this year somewhere in the the North East. If possible, it would be great to have some upland, some waterfowl and some Salmon/Trout fishing available. We would need somewhere to stay and a guide for one or all the days. I am open to any ideas either north or south of the border. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

David Stern
NY

then I'd recommend thatt you look at the Miramichi area of New Brucnswick....Atlantic Slamon, Waterfolw, Woodcock and Ruffed Grouse.....several LODGES, although most are HIGH END so get out your wallet, in the area.

I don't think of New England as much of an Upland area, (Maine can have good Grouse and Woodcock but you'd need a Guide for those if you wanted good results the first trip up), too few birds and too little public land. No Quail anymore and the Pheasants are pen raised. (Let the cries of FOUL, or in this case FOWL, begin from those native New Englanders who "know better).

Don't know about Winter fishing up that way but I'd bet that if you're fishing in that area you want the early Fall and not the prime Duck hunting time.

If you go make sur you let us know what you did cause Miramichi in the Fall for Salmon and Upland has always been on my "must do" list.....

Steve

take a look at this- i have never used them- but know guys that have and rave--http://www.kingandbartlett.com/index.html

smoldering lake outfitters, bridgewater maine. now i havent used them but i met the guy at vermonts only sportsmens show and they seemed ligit. got the brochure here they offer big game deer moose small game "partridge" or ruffed grouse, sea ducks, geese, puddle ducks, and rabbits. preserve hunting for pheasants, hungs,and chukars. now it dosent say anything about fishing but ive heard maines pretty good for trout.

207-429-0910
www.smoldering-lake-outfitters.com (not the actual link)
looking at 400 a day with guide for waterfowl/upland combo.

eddie

I live Fish and Hunt in New Brunswick. If your looking at the Miramichi you would have to go the first few weeks of october, because duck and goose hunting opens on the 1 of october and salmon fishing ends october 15, I think. not real shure on october 15 it may be later than that but not sooner, but i can find out for shure if you want me to. The Cains river is a real good river for salmon fishing in october and grand lake is perfect for duck hunting, sometime even to good, 2 years ago i had my limit of ducks in 15 min on opening day, started at 6:50 am and was all over at 7:05 am. Upland hunting, their are a few spots for pheasants, but they are on game reserves, we dont have a wild pheasant season, but we have lots of grouse and some good woodcock hunting. If your interested and need more info just send me an Email at Cormier999@hotmail.com

Back