September-Whats in your kitchen ndr

Rutgers

First let me say that I am not trying to spam this stuff. I have been meaning to post this for a while but haven't. I just wanted to show what I've been up to.

About 3 years ago I made a wooden fork for my mother in law. She liked it. Then a few pieces for the sister in law. She liked it too. Then some for a buddies wife. yup, she liked it. Little while after that I started getting a request here and there. Kept making them. Then more requests and eventually saw that I might be able to peddle a few of them. About a year ago I started getting more serious about it and then 6 months or so again Michele and I decided to officially go into business with it. It's been growing since then.

Here are a few pictures of some of the stuff we've been making. Everything but the spoons is hard maple which is about 70% of what we do but also do stuff in cherry, walnut, sycamore, jarrah etc. This is a little less than half of our designs, but inventory is low until I get some tile work done.

Serving tools

ry%3D400

cooking tools
ry%3D400

spoons - the ones facing right are serving, the ones facing left for cooking

ry%3D400

So, for you guys that like to make stuff, what is you're NDR hobby?

Happy long weekend,

Paully

That's classy work. I really like the little details like the sweep of the serving spoon handles. Do you have e web sight or catalog?

My NDR hobby that shows what little talent I have is tying flies. Unfortunately everything I do is 1300 miles away.

Ron

Nice work. Cooking is one of my favorite NDR hobbies. I may have to grab a left handed cooking spatula from you for doing stir fry. Works a lot easier when you have one.

Paul those are some mighty fine cooking utensils you are making. I like em a lot. PM me order info for future reference, Christmas isn't too far away.

As long as lead is still legal I pour a lot of jig heads, sinkers and stuff like that. Even did some .54 cal round balls the other day, I better get my rifle kit put together. Along with the fish painting and carving that's about it for making stuff.

Tim

Back