Shotgun Beads

brendan

Well i got my self a new verona 12 ga. and i like except for one thing THE SIGHT their sights look like someone screwed in the bead and then just cut off the round part it like just a little stub, i can shoot with it but i would prefer to switch it out for a new sight but cant find out the thread size and width i need because there isnt much info on veron's

any help would be great

I bought a BPS 10ga last year. It came with the front and rear fiber optic sights. Im used to shooting a vent rib with the bead on the end. I couldnt hit anything with this gun. Finally the night before the last day of our duck season I took the rear sight off. The rear sight was green and the front is red. I was focusing on lining up the sights like I was shooting a rifle. By the time I got right the birds were out of range. Once I took the rear sight off my last hunt was great. I knocked every bird down I shot at. With that said I too would recommend the true glow front bead.

I thought about the magnetic fiber optic one i actually have one of them i used it for on an 870 two years didnt hit a thing i took it off this season and managed to knock down a bufflehead and a brant , so obviously i cant shoot with a fiber optic sight or whatever its called

Thank you for the size recommendation i will try it

I thought about the magnetic fiber optic one i actually have one of them i used it for on an 870 two years didnt hit a thing i took it off this season and managed to knock down a bufflehead and a brant , so obviously i cant shoot with a fiber optic sight or whatever its called

An observation: the bead or whatever you have on the end of the barrel is simply there to give you a reference point as to where the end of the barrel is.
If you are not shooting well/not hitting birds, its almost always has nothing to be with the bead. It's more likely some other shooting basic, like not keeping you head down, not following-thru, bad gun-fit etc...
Just a thought.....

Only an opinion: Learn to seat the gun properly and the bead becomes irrelevant...It is a shotgun not a rifle...Point and shoot, not aim and shoot!

Regards,

Kristan

thank you for all the advice but i didnt come hear to ask how to shoot i came for advice on shotgun beads and i cant shoot with the fiber optic sight

Most any gunsmith should be able to hook you up in a couple of minutes. Front bead fell off my old 870 while pheasant hunting. I used it for a couple weeks before I got to a town that had a Gander Mt. with a gunsmith. He showed me the bead selection to choose from and installed it while I was standing there.

Brendan,

That comment was no disrespect to you...I grew up with a strong family background, money sometimes was just thrown into the mix...Bought the 870 shotgun I bought at Tom Snow's Sporting Goods at 9 years old with money I had made over the summer...First squirrel hunt, leaned on gun broke bead, remember grandfather saying, well just get down on the gun and point it...Still shoot the gun today with no bead...Just a way to save money is all I was trying to convey...

Regards,
Kristan

I sure do agree with Rob and Kristan. Didn't even notice my magnetic sight was gone while hunting one day this past year. All of my life I have been a basic snap shot person. Like they said, "Point and shoot." Sure makes for some fun shooting.
Al

Back