Sneak box layout blind.

Not sure how many of you have discovered Sketchup by Google but it is awesome and free. Very easy to learn and a great tool for desinging things. I was wanting to design a simple low blind for a sneak boat similar to a BB2/3, scaup, DS15 and I wanted something easy to set up and something that not only was very cancelable but also somewhat sheltering on rainy days and also a good option for dogs.

I came up with this.

View attachment sneakboxlayout.jpg

The blind is made up of waterproof awning material painted to your camo liking. The white cylinder is a dowel which furls the blind up. The three lighter segments of wood are velcro'd to the fabric and remove in order to furl the entire blind up. The blind can be reversed by simply changing the side of the boat that the the dowel unfurls from. The lighter segments of wood velcro onto the fabric and serve to hold the flaps in place. When time to shoot, simple toss the wood supported flaps aside and commence shooting. The shooters look out through cammo screen similar to a goose blind layout. One could also attach cammo straps to the awning so that natural vegitation can be added. The port near the bow is for the dog to look out of. The entire thing furls up and stows on the floor during transit. Missing from this plan are attachment brackets. Their height would vary based on how tall you are and how deep your cockpit is. Basically you sit flat on the boat bottom. I would probably build some cushioned fold out seats. This blind seats three plus a dog. The cattails are not part of the plan. I just found them and tossed them for the fun of it.

Sketchup can be found here. Very nice design software http://sketchup.google.com/

View attachment sneakboxlayout.jpg

Back