Some photos from yesterday's hunt

John Fraser

I took Ben, Ethan, and their friend out yesterday. Saw mostly RB mergansers. Fortunately the broadbill gave us a little flurry of action and the boys knocked down a few.

Here's a series of photos of Molly working and one of the boys:

DSCN0494_zps1d3b58ef.jpg

DSCN0498_zps21e65296.jpg

DSCN0500_zps6ed98f16.jpg

DSCN0502_zps06679ff1.jpg

Happy New Year!!!

fall in upstate NY lol

its a little different today

looks like a nice hunt John, the boys look pretty pleased with themselves

What is the breeding on the dog -Toller?

Thanks Rick. Yes Molly's a Toller, from Driftwood Kennel in Mass.

Things are cooling down now. I'm hoping that will help our hunts a bit. There have been divers around, but from what I've seen and heard, their decoying action has been spotty.

cool- spent some time in Nova Scotia this fall - never saw a toller there,

and look - they're in upstate NY

There are 3 breeders that I know of in this area. I've really enjoyed having Molly, she's got lots of drive!

John,

Molly sure is a pretty girl, though she seems to be afflicted with the same disease as my boys typically are....camera shy....

Looks like a nice hunt....good for the boys.

Hope it picks up for y'all before the end of the season

OH....and those three MONSTROUS decoys in the spread there....how big are they?

Dani

John: Have you been seeing birds? We've got birds here, but they have been tough to decoy. Hope things pick up for you.

Dani: It's so hard to get Molly to look at a camera. Then if I can get her to look, she thinks I have something for her and runs right up to the camera.

I think those G & H super magnums are 22" long. I'm slowly replacing my old decoys with these because of their great visibility.

Nice pics. Love seeing Tollers because you don't see many. Pretty dog. And it's always great getting the kids out.

Back