Special Project/saying Goodbye

Joseph Sarno said:
hello Jode , what a way to honor your friend , you must have meant a lot to chip and his wife .sorry for the loss .

Joe, we were friends in the truest sense. The kind you can go months without talking to, then get back on track like you were together yesterday. He was easy to like and easier to love.

S Lewis said:
Jode,
Nothing is as honoring as to have a hunting/fishing buddy do something out of love for a deceased friend and his spouse and family. Chip sounds like a “class” type of guy. So sorry for the hurt.
I greatly respect the woodworkers and craftsman here, who do incredible things with wood! Jode, yours included. I remember asking my woodworking buddy to make an urn out some cedar I had for my 34 year old wife, who I lost to cancer. I was moved to tears to see his craftsmanship for my wife’s ashes.
I have spoken at friend’s memorial services and helped my buddies widows inventory hunting/fishing “stuff” to pass on or sell. As hard as it is to do, we do it out of the love we have for our friends.
Many get to live a great, full life. But I am reminded to give thanks every day for our blessings! I will be going to an 8 year old’s funeral who died last Saturday in a car accident returning from an Easter egg hunt put on by a church I attend…I am not looking forward to that service.

Again Jode, so glad you could be a part of Chip's legacy.
Wow, what a moving and Heart felt reply. I am so sorry for what you had too endure. My deepest sympathy for your loss. One thing I come to realize through many losses of close friends and family members, is that we ar here for but a short time. Many I'll never be able to explain or understand, but I can only offer what support and love I have for those close to me. Be it a family member, hunting buddy, or a faithful retriever.

I also understand I have no room in my life for airs, or trying to please other people. I am who I was made to be. Take it or leave it. Teaching and encouraging other makes me happy. Playing game or slinging mud are for those with little self respect or confidence.
You sound like you have a deep pool of real life wisdom to draw from. Keep on your path of helping others and if my ability to put some dirt ( pigment) on dead trees (wood ) encourages you, then I am honored. Thanks for sharing I do appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back