sprayshield needed for higbee box in SJ

Dave Bacon

anyone know any makers for a sprayshield in south jersey ? . I'm thinking of getting a bigger spray shield like a dodger for my Higbee sneakbox. I'm located in camden county. so far no luck finding anyone

Dave, look up Bob Williams here on the site. He is from Gloucester City and knows a guy that makes them.....................Kevin

anyone know any makers for a sprayshield in south jersey ? . I'm thinking of getting a bigger spray shield like a dodger for my Higbee sneakbox. I'm located in camden county. so far no luck finding anyone

Carl Wirtz. He posts on here some. Does good work at a very reasonable price.

Dave, Kurt Sherbine of Classic Barnegat Boats makes dodgers but you have to take it to him in Somerset Co. PA. Also Mark of MLB Boats makes a dodger for there new Chuck Huff BBSB which is very similar to a higbee. And last but not least is David Clark of Classic Canvasbacks on this site. Good work by all.

Yes James, I forgot about Carl. I believe he is in Monroeville, Salem County.................................He does good work with canvas...........................Kevin

Try North Bay Canvas in Tuckerton. Dan Voorhees. My nephew is going to have one done there. Might find a contact on Crick Life. Good luck!

Thanks, that reminds me I totally forgot to get back to him about the 15hp motor

Bob Reitmeyer said:
Try North Bay Canvas in Tuckerton. Dan Voorhees. My nephew is going to have one done there. Might find a contact on Crick Life. Good luck!

https://millerscustomcanvas.com/index_files/AboutUs.php

These are the folks that made the dodgers for the Chuck Huff boat when MLB owned it. I ordered one from them and it's the very same pattern
as the one I had on my Chuck Huff boat.

Good Luck!

Ross-Have you tried Diane Svelling? She is pretty local for you, and also may be at the Tuckerton show. I have two decoy bags I bought from her many years ago and they are "like new" today except for the mud I installed on them.

Thanks for the leads. Follow-up question; anyone know what length oars for a higbee and if so where do you store them? I'm going to install oar locks.

Back