St. Charles Show 2014...

Pat Gregory

Pat, thanks for sharing! Looks like a amazing display of birds. Especially like the preening goose in the 7th pic of Cameron McIntyre's display. And Tim Speight's Ducker display was awesome. Again, thanks for sharing.

Again, thanks to you and Geoff for sharing your photos.

Best - Paul

Pat

Thank you for the photo's, lots of very good decoys, and collections by some of the best. The Ducker display tells a waterfowlers story very well. Looks like it was a very good time.

Guys - Thank you for the kind words. There is lots of good work at this show each year. And, you'll see the largest collection of vintage decoys available for sale anywhere. Many great carvers like Harold Haertel, Virgil Lashbrook, Ben Schmidt, Tory Ward, Roy LeGaux and others have attended this show in the past. This year, Oliver "Tuts" Lawson attended for the first time this year and shared he'll be coming back next year.

It definitely is the mothership of shows and, is a great example of where our roots came from as decoy carvers. I'd encourage each of you to consider joining us next year. We have great fellowship and fun. And, as a waterfowler, you'll definitely be a kid in a candy store... Pat

Last edited:
Pat, great pics. Alot of really nice decoys there. Some really talented carvers. Just came back from the Worlds in Maryland. Attendance down from years before, but some really great stuff.

Hi Randall

I used 1x2 inch Red Cedar to construct the grate/floor. I finished it with Tung oil. Lightweight, rot resistant, and durable enough for my purpose.

Tim

Back