stole a gun last night

Gary Jensen

Not really but it sure felt like it.
Was looking for a cheap break action for dog training so I wasn't bang'n my Beretta around.
Here is what I found.
12ga Sabatti with 30 inch barrel and 5 choke tubes.
Shoulders really nice and shoots great.
Stole it for $350.00 :D
Sorry for the picture quality, someday I will get a decent camera.
sabatti005.jpg

Gary,
I have no clue what a sabatti (I defer to Joe O on gun prices) retails for but if it does what you want it to do and you shoot it well any shotgun except an old single barrell or bolt action ought to be worth $350.00. Heck some of the guys around here are buying up all the old bolt action shotguns at fairly high prices and coverting them to rifled barrells for deer hunting with slugs. To be darn sure a pretty O/U is worth more than $350 regardless of who made it.
Best,
Harry

Good buy regardless of where and who made it,just on the looks of it.Selective trigger,ejectors(?),and choke tubes.Hope you shoot it well.You should never loose money on that one,no matter how much use you give it.What else can I say;it's Italian.Just noticed the Monte Carlo stock.Probably set up for Trap,which is fine.The more you shoot a high stock the more you want to.It's probably on the light side for a couple hundred shots per day for Trap.I would put a mercury recoil reducer in the top barrel.Drops in like a shotgun sheel.Everyone has different tolerance for recoil.Just a possibility if needed.

Joe, I like you favor a high shooting gun due to all the years of trapshooting and getting dialed in to "floating" the target. My waterfowl gun is a Remington 11-87 set up with a Monte Carlo stock that has an adjustable soft comb...

Joe, I like you favor a high shooting gun due to all the years of trapshooting and getting dialed in to "floating" the target. My waterfowl gun is a Remington 11-87 set up with a Monte Carlo stock that has an adjustable soft comb...
Right.You can get dialed right in with that adjustable comb.Over the years,the more I shot,the higher I wanted my stock.My custom De Haan SxS is stocked the same as my Perazzi tournament gun,and I shoot it best of my six SxSs.

Back