suzuki outboard

I have a 25hp Suzuki 2-stroke and I love it. One of the most reliable motors I have ever had and I have had many.

50hp Suzuki 4 stroke on a 1960 Roughneck. Fish and hunt out of it. The motor is quiet and runs like a sewing machine.

I had a 40 suzuki for over 20 years, it sunk 2 times and kept on going,with a simple flush and fresh plugs.
It finally got put to rest last year because the head gasket went and most of the
bolts broke off trying to repair it .

I have another 40hp suzuki on my skiff and it is an '86 and is still running like new

Last edited:
I have a DF140. It is a good engine, like every brand of motor, it has a couple of things that you need to know about. The 140 is the same block as the 90 and the 115.

25 hp Suzuki, 2 stroke, new to me, late 80's vintage I think, ran it all summer and just fired it up today after sitting about 2 months, took it out on the lake, ran great. Running it on my Devlin Scaup, nice option to the big boat.

I have 4-stroke Suzukis in a 70 hp console steer and a 60 hp tiller. They have been great. I will be going on the Missouri River in the morning, the temp will be single digits and I know it will start on the first crank...never fails.

I would like to trade my Johnson 25 hp in on a 25 4-stroke Suzuki, but they are still not available with electronic fuel injection. I'm going to wait, but I'm running out of patience.

Jeff Churan
Chillicothe, MO

I HAVE A 140HP 4 STROKE. STARTS UP FIRST TIME NO MATTER WHAT THE TEMPERATURE AND RUN QUIET.
2008 MODEL.
WE HUNT IT HARD AND NEVER HAVE HAD A PROBLEM.

I bought a DF15 brand new in 08' and not an issue with it. It replaced a late 80's Johnson 2 stroke. Quiet,smooth running,lots of torque and great on gas! Would not hesitate on owning another one.

Back