Suzuki Tiller Conversion= Need help

I have a 1995 Suzuki DT 75 outboard which is set up for steering and I need to make it a tiller . If its not possible then I guess Ill cut my loses and sell it and buy another motor than is compatible with a tiller kit. If you guys have any info that may help me please let me know. Thanks , Luke

Luke you should be able to convert it , If you don't have a tiller handle it might be hard to find one, new suzuki tillers are very expensive.

If you need a tilller for the 75 let me know I might be able to put you in touch with a guy who does tons of suuzuki work on older motors, he is here in Washington.

When I converted my 1985 dt25 I lucked out and found a tiller at the local Suzuki shop. The same tiller was used on multiple Hp and years. If you don't already know a great source for looking up and getting suzuki parts is brownspoint. I believe they are in NJ. They have all part diagrams online. At a quick glance it looks like they didn't change the tiller from 88-97 but double check that!. You can check the Part number against the other HP and year motors to see if they are the same to broaden your search. anyway here is a link good luck.

http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/pdf/DT75%2888-97%29DT85%2888-00%29.pdf

Don't know about Suzuki but I did convert my 1978 75 Evinrude to a tiller and never regreted it for a minute. I searched the parts breakdowns for many hours and ordered piece by piece. Never do that again! Spendy and took a long time, find a junkyard motor. Try Twin City Outboards in Minnesota, they are really good people to work with or maybe Ebay. Good luck, you won't regret it and keep us posted. BTW I do wish I had used a longer tiller off of a 85 not the one that I did use off of a 65. I may swap it out later.

Back