The Sea Class 17 build as requested

Phil. We will build any color you want. A standards will be tdb camo, dull dead grass (this one), grey, grey camo. With blind colors to match.

Tony, very nice job on the blind fit! Also, very good idea to sew the track welt rope under the bottom edge of the blind to hide the vinyl from UV light and eventual decay that will lead to splitting down the road... I like the roof re-work as well.

One suggestion, black anodize or powder coat the blind support stanchions and support rods. You might also want to consider filling the support rods with expanding foam and plugging them with some dowel rod inserts when dry. When dropped over the side, they will float and can be retrieved. I finally put thin strips of either gray or red relective tape from my deer hunting gear stash on the bases of my support rods to be able to distinguish which set is mounted in the aft receptacles and which set fits in the forward mounts. The strips allow me to chase them down in the dark, as well as when they decide to go for a "swim".

I really like the LED strip lighting use. I will be switching mine over to two red strips this year to minimize night vision loss when diving around inside the boat and rooting-out decoys inside the boat in the dark.

Last edited:
Tony, very nice job on the blind fit! Also, very good idea to sew the track welt rope under the bottom edge of the blind to hide the vinyl from UV light and eventuall decay and splitting down the road... I like the roof re-work as well.

One suggestion, black anodize or powder coat the blind support stanchions and support rods. You might also want to consider filling the support rods with expanding foam and plugging them with some dowel rod inserts when dry. When dropped over the side, they will float and can be retrieved. I finally put thin strips of either gray or red relective tape from my deer hunting gear stash on the bases of my support rods to be able to distinguish which set is mounted in the aft receptacles and which set fits in the forward mounts. The strips allow me to chase them down in the dark, as well as when they decide to go for a "swim".

I really like the LED strip lighting use. I will be switching mine over to two red strips this year to minimize night vision loss when diving around inside the boat and rooting-out decoys inside the boat in the dark.

Thanks for the kind words. I will tell you we poured our heart into the blinds. If there is one thing I can't stand is a blind that doesnt fit properly and is loose and poorly fitted. I think we nailed the blinds. 3 trips back and forth to the canvas maker before we finally were happy with the results. Now Poles and tubing. We used anodized aluminum and they could be painted or even powder coated, But that would raise the cost ofcourse. All 4 of our support poles are the exact same. no need to worry which is which they all interchange. As for foam filling them again another cost to add and besides that if we did that we would never sell any replacement parts. (JOKE) All sound great advise and lets see how things go. Once we can get a couple orders I will look at those considerations and check with our supplier on cost differences. I do like the idea of powder coating them.

Again thanks for the kind words and anything else please tell us your suggestions. Our goal is to make the NEW TDB the best ever and we hope we succeed. And its you guys who can make sure we get it right. LOL

Back