Tinting/coloring gelcoat

I have some white gelcoat and was wandering if I could tint or color it, if so what product do you use?

Check with a fiberglass supply house....close to you if possible, though....where is Fraser's Bottom.........or is your nickname "Fraser". ;) Don't have a clue where you live as it's not listed in your profile. If you can't find stuff locally, try some friends of mine close to me and tell them I sent you. They're great folks. Talk to Jerry or Darlene at www.epfiber.com
Lou

I tried to post my experience but evidently deleted the post during spell check. I find the book : Making Decoys the Old Fashion Way---By Grasson Chesser [sp] to be one of the best overall instructional ones I have ever seen, Check it out it is I believe about 30.00 and the patterns along included are worth the price. Jerry

we just used evercoat black tint in some white gel coat, to get gray, on our work boat, and it worked perfectly. a little black goes a long way.

btw, you can get many different colors. i dont know if there are boaters world stores around you, but they would sell it, as would privately owned marine stores.

Back