Transducer question?

Dwight F.

Will a transducer work properly epoxied to the floor of a fiberglass boat? I picked up a nice little Lowrance GPS/Fishfinder Combo for my Banks Chesapeake Boat and would like to mount it. More for the built in GPS than the water depth but that would be helpful too. The transom is not straight down to the hull as it is angled for easy pulling out of the mud. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

you can epoxy it to shoot through the hull only not through double hull or foam. You must be sure there are no air bubbles in the epoxy.

Thanks Shawn. Shoot through is not going to work as my hull is doubled. Looks like I will have to find another way to mount transducer.

Check with your unit manufacturer, they should be able to supply you with a shim plate that will enable you to mount it in the vertical plane. Even without the shim, you need to be in quite deep water for your depth reading to be appreaciably inaccurate. Airmar makes most of the transducers with the exception of Hummingbird units and one other. They, too, may have what you need to mount it.

Back