Tuckerton Show dates?

Steve Sanford

Jersey Boys~

I'm guessing the dates this year are Saturday, September 26 & Sunday the 27th - correct?

Also - got the website?

Thanks very much,

SJS

Here you go... I don't know how to make it a live link.
http://www.tuckertonseaport.org/event/33rd-annual-ocean-county-decoy-gunning-show/2015-09-27/

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent!

http://www.tuckertonseaport.org/event/33rd-annual-ocean-county-decoy-gunning-show/all/

Website is a little unusual - but here's how it describes the 2-day Show, Saturday & Sunday, 26 & 27::

September 2015 33rd Annual Ocean County Decoy & Gunning Show September 26 @ 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Two-day event highlighting the culture of the Barnegat Bay region. Demonstrations, contests, seminars, crafters, carvers, vendors, food and music. Included the Dock Dog competition as featured on ESPN! Visit the Tuckerton Seaport Heritage Tent at the lake. Two great locations: Tip Seaman Park and Tuckerton Seaport. Free off-site parking and shuttle bus. Admission: Free Find out more » 33rd Annual Ocean County Decoy & Gunning Show September 27 @ 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Two-day event highlighting the culture of the Barnegat Bay region. Demonstrations, contests, seminars, crafters, carvers, vendors, food and music. Included the Dock Dog competition as featured on ESPN! Visit the Tuckerton Seaport Heritage Tent at the lake. Two great locations: Tip Seaman Park and Tuckerton Seaport. Free off-site parking and shuttle bus. Admission: Free

Absent Hurricanes or Tropical Storms, I plan to attend.
SJS

Anybody know if the decoy competition accepts mail ins? I cant seem to find any info or rules about the show. Just basic info

Pat~

Last year I called Tip Seaman Park ( 609-296-5606 ) during the week - decoy info was mailed to me once it was available. If I recall correctly (?), their competitions are for local styles - Barnegat and Delaware River.

All the best,

SJS

Steve is correct, but I do believe they also have a new category call contemporary gunners. You would have to ask for a copy of the contest schedule to be sure. I do not think they take any decoys by mail.

You can find the rules on line. But its difficult..lol.. google search 2015 Ocean County decoy and boat show contest rules. Ringneck is the bird of the year.

I've been wanting to go to this show for years. I think this is the year we make it. The wife wants to know of any nice campgrounds around? Thanks!

If by Campground you mean for an RV, Timberline Campground is pretty nice and reasonable close by. I don't live far from Tuckerton, but friends keep an RV at Timberline for several weeks during the camping season and we visit to play on the weekends.

http://www.timberlinelake.com/

I am sure there are plenty of others.

Chad A

Last year my wife and I stayed at Atlantic City North Campground. We were happy with it and it is only a couple miles down the road.

www.campacn.com

We are going to try to go again this year and will probably stay there again.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys.
Yes, we have a 26' camper and I will check out the 2 places you guys have recommended. We will Probably go down Friday and spend the weekend there.
Thanks again!

Make sure to check early, not sure how it will effect Tuckerton area, but he Pope is in Philadelphia that weekend and parishes from the area are busing people into the city to see him.

Back