tuckerton

Nothing against the Holiday Inn, I know the owner, but why not stay on an oceanfront hotel at Long Beach Island for the same money? Much better scenery

We have stayed ocean front and at the Holiday Inn and we now stay about 15miles away from the show in a decent hotel for about a 3rd of those closer locations.

All are nice guess it depends on what your looking for in return, me as a vendor a place to sleep as were at the show all day both days from 6am until 6pm. out for dinner then bed. So All were looking for is a nice place to lay our heads.

Look south East for much better rates on lodging. Besides its closer the Atlantic City too. :)

The North Shore in Barnegat Light is an option for you, maybe a 45 minute ride but not many miles, just slow going up and down the island.

Tuckerton is a great show. Some of the best decoy displays are from Jode and Sean. I love looking at their birds in person. I do think the show has dwindled in recent years, and by that I'm talking about vendors. There doesn't seem to be as many vendors as there has in the past. In 1-2 hours you can have toured the whole show.

That being said, you definitely need to bring some cash. Lots of great stuff there. Diane and her decoy bags put Avery bags to shame. Tips hardware usually has a great selection of must-have supplies. Anchors, line, rigging etc. Like I said before Jode Hillman and Sean Sutton have some of the best artistic decoy carvings you'll find on the east coast and there are bunch of other great carvers who come with stacks full of decoys. Thats probably my favorite part, touring what the decoy carvers have brought. I'm never disappointed with those guys. I wish I could buy a pair of birds from every carver. A decent amount of duck boats too and you'll get some ideas about boat setups. Overall its probably the best show on the East coast second to the Easton Maryland show.

For my time and money, I prefer Tuckerton to Easton.... for the hunter for sure. I have been going to Easton for some 25+ years, used to make the trip from Vermont when I lived there. Now I go every other year though I live 1.5 hours away. I have only been to Tuckerton the past couple years so I have no basis for comparision to what it used to be, but I find it a great show for the hunters, where Easton is more of a collector show.... same as Havre de Grace, more of a collector show in my eyes..... or at least in my price range.

Dave

Back