Tuckerton?

JimG

I've never been to the Tuckerton festival in September. Is it worth the trip? Looks like a 4 hour drive each way for me. Is there significant other appropriate lodging and activities around? Does the local DU chapter typically do a banquet that Saturday night?

Jim

Its worth going to. Do not drive through nyc. I dont know if i can make it this year but is is awesome. Bring a lot of money because your brain is going to go into duck overload and you will need everything that is for sale there. I think Tony H is going to be there with some tdb boats too.

I've never been to the Tuckerton festival in September. Is it worth the trip? Looks like a 4 hour drive each way for me. Is there significant other appropriate lodging and activities around? Does the local DU chapter typically do a banquet that Saturday night?

Jim

Lots of things to do and a show I think everyone should visit.

Atlantic City is just 30 miles or so away and plenty of Great places to stay that way and a very fine Holiday Inn just a few miles from the show location. Not to mention Long Beach Island and all the nice places out there you could stay.

The show is wonderful, lots and lots to see, the Sea Port Museum across the street and a great variety of food to choose from as well.

We drive almost 1000 miles for the show and wouldn't miss it!

I have not been to Tuckerton in years but will be going this year

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,
It's worth the trip. I went down and made it into a long weekend. Stayed out at Long Beach Island and had a great time. I think my wife would go back no problem.
Pete

Tuckerton is a great time. There is a lot to see down there. I have been a vendor for the last 5 years and attending for the last 10 years or so. As long as the weather holds out its usually a blast. The dates are 09/28 and 09/29. If you have no plans that weekend, I would make the trip. Stop by and say hello as well.

It is a great show and one of only 2 things that I liked about living in that state.
You will have a great time if you go and bring money and a truck because you will want to buy.

The only other good thing is yuengling. Haha
The girl at the package store looked at us funny when we bought 8 suit cases of the black and tan, and lager. Unfortunatly our supply lasted only a percentage of what we expected.....

The Delaware River Chapter of Delta Waterfowl will be having their annual dinner that Saturday. Event is in Swedesboro which would be about 1:30
minutes from Tuckerton. You could have a pretty awesome weekend

Last edited:
Its a great event for sure. The show is a town event not just a few vendors trying to make a buck.
Make sure you see the even at the school, south street seaport then the field.

Back