USCG certified Bow Lights

Tony H

Doing some research for lights for the new boats and since they must be approved by the USCG we are having a real hard time finding bow lights that mount on the sides of the boats without them being stainless steel. Would like to find black bylon lights that are uscg approved. Does anyone know of a company that makes such lights? It not we may have to use a single light instead.

I have the Livorsi Marine LED's on (3) three of my rigs.

2nm range LED.

They only require a hole 1/2 the size of the shark eye type lights.

I painted mine black & put a layer of 5200 to stop any corrosion.

I also mounted them using aluminim riv-nut inserts to also stop any corrosion.

http://www.livorsi.com/...g/led.htm#navigation

Last edited:
Tony, both Perko and Aqua Signal make black plastic side mount red and green running lights . I had a single combination red/green light on the bow of one of my boats, would blind you at night. Rich

I have the Livorsi's as well. They are super bright, tiny, and wouldn't run your battery dead if you left them on all season. They are installed on my mud boat, so they get their fair share of abuse.

Sorry, just re-read OP. They are stainless.

Last edited:
I will have to double check but I dont believe any of the LED lights are certified by the USCG for boat manufacturers use.

Tony, both Perko and Aqua Signal make black plastic side mount red and green running lights . I had a single combination red/green light on the bow of one of my boats, would blind you at night. Rich

Rich I looked at perko and could not find a black plastic style lighting.

Will look at the Aqua Signal brands.

Thank you

Rich, Thank You sir. I believe the search is over. Waiting on a response to insure they are indeed USCG certified lights.

Last edited:

Thank you

Tony,

have you looked at Sea Dog?

http://www.bing.com/shopping/sea-dog-led-side-mount-black-nylon-side-lights/p/42E133C88C0CB1355003?q=sea+dog+port+starboard+black+led&lpq=sea%20dog%20port%20starboard%20black%20led&FORM=HURE

Thank you

Tony,

have you looked at Sea Dog?

http://www.bing.com/...%20led&FORM=HURE

Yes problem is they have to be marked that they are certified and many makers dont say whether they are marked or not. The marking is only for Manufacturers requirements. not for an owner replacing lights. So its alittle tricky figuring out which ones are marked and safe and which ones are not.

Thanks again and keep them coming. But I believe we have a winner. a very nice looking light that should fit the bill very well.

I will have to double check but I dont believe any of the LED lights are certified by the USCG for boat manufacturers use.

They must be since many of the manufactuers are installing the Livorsi's as standard equipment here in Florida.

Back