waiting for freeze up

MLB Tom

here's a video of my honey hole! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH42UfqHglU&feature=feedu It's only good after freeze up but when it does, look out! It's still warm here in NW Indiana and I'm running out of season. I might get a few hunts in but Indiana gave us 2 days late in Dec. The 24th & 25th, guess where I'll be both days with the grandsons! Will post some results then. -Tom of the MLB

Nice spot.

The weather in Massachusetts has been way to warm as well. Ducks here seem to be the bread fed variety. Cannot wait until it gets real cold and icy.

Tom,

That looks just like my friends late season creek but without the 2 story corn crib that's 30 from the water, hahaha! I would definitely plan Christmas parties around "opening hours" instead of opening presents:) Good luck - I still waiting for Michigan to freeze.

I remember that spot!! Warm here too Tom. Today is 19 years since my Dad died. Hard to believe it has been that long. I look forward to the next hunt we have...........and steak and lobsters too!!

58 degrees here in NW Illinois with a strong S wind today. Did a scouting mission today but not much for ducks. Divers in the river channel. Guys I talked to said they just move out of the way when the boat come though. Won't even get up and fly.

I know of a spot just like in your vid. The owner won't let anyone on though. Sometimes I just drive out to watch in the mornings when they get up to strech their wings. At times there can be so many you wonder how they all fit.

That is a great spot, Tom. I want to know, how many decoys you put in that area? 6 or 7? What a great way to hunt, to scare them out then have them come back in small flocks! Had fun dreaming about that one. Good luck. Hope you get some snow.
Al

Back